As 2018 comes to a close, we’ve only got one blog left filled with tips and tricks on how you can update your business to incorporate the best processes for the new year. A lot has changed in the past 10 years when it comes the most useful practices for website optimisation.
Luckily for you, we’ve got the top 3 tips for website optimisation for 2019!
1. Make It Mobile-First
Gone are the days where users only view websites and content on their desktop computers. With more and more people using their phones to view content on the go, we highly recommend making your website mobile-friendly. Not sure how? Here are a couple of suggestions on where to start:
- Scale your images when using a responsive design, especially for mobiles.
- Use short titles for your content, they’re easier to read.
- Avoid using pop-ups that cover your content.
- Less is always more! Avoid long-form content as it appears too text heavy on mobile devices.
- Make your site adaptive to all devices including desktop, mobile and tablet.
2. Work On Website Speed
The page speed of a website has the ability to directly impact both the site’s traffic and it’s conversions. According to Google, the average time that is taken to load a mobile landing page is 22 seconds, however, it has been recorded that 53% of mobile users leave a page that takes longer than 3 seconds to load. Want to know how to shorten your loading page speed? Here are our most helpful tips:
- Keep plugins and redirects to a minimum.
- Improve server response time.
- Leverage browser caching.
- Reduce DNS lookup time.
- Use a CDN.
3. Take Time For Technical SEO
We understand that the idea of performing technical SEO tasks can be intimidating to some individuals. Thankfully, there are so many SEO tools available to you online that make completing a SEO audit a quick and easy task. However, successful SEO processes come from knowing how to interpret the data that you have provided and focus on what you have to do with it. Here’s where we suggest to start:
- Confirm that your website qualifies as mobile-friendly.
- Fix duplicate title tags and meta descriptions.
- Fix any broken links.
- Check for status code errors and correct them.
- Check your website’s indexing through Google Search Console.
This is only the beginning for what you could be doing to optimise your website in the new year. At Space Digital, we are constantly looking for new ways to assist businesses within the digital marketing space. If you’d like to know more about how you can improve your website optimisation in 2019, contact one of our industry specialists today on (07) 3724 0469.